16 Ağustos 2013 Cuma

Being Intern in I.T.U.

             I've completed my last obligated internship with success in ITU,2013 summer.
I say again thanks a lot to Profesor Arslan and Selim Sir.
First I saw the campuss, I was shocked due to a little jungle was there. Let you a think, a little natural jungle is in the center of Istanbul. Fresh and clean air. You feel free. In the campus everyone is free. I could stay in ITU’s dormitory. They did a favor to me to stay in ITU’s dormitories which is called Lakeside Dorms. I paid a suitable price then I could stay at there for a month. Lakeside Dorms are very comfortable and luxury like a hotel. Moreover I was single in the room. You can see my room how it is huge and nice.
You are really free in campus and you can do what you want. If you want study, there is a huge and so comfortable library to you can study. Especially social opportunities are so attractive. You can join people to play basketball or rugby or chatting with the other students on the grass. You have too many options to choose eat somethings in the campus.  
I chose the ITU ATARC due to they are very successful and they have too much technical opportunities.
Prof.Dr. Adnan Tekin Materials Science and Production Technologies Applied Research Center (ATARC) is an integral part of one of the leading research universities in Turkey (Istanbul Technical University). ATARC maintains a long-term strategic relationship with the industry and provides science and technology through education, scientific studies, and transition to application.
Profesor Cuneyt Arslan and Dr. Selim Erturk and all of another employement of Atum helped to me in my internship projects. Profesor Arslan gave to me a lesson about recycling and regaining of PGMs. During this mission Selim Sir helped to me a lot. He always gave me advises like these "do like this, search these etc.." and I could complete my lesson in the time of my internship period. Profesor Arslan has published my CV on the ATARC web site. So I'm thankful to him for his this favor. Then I decided to write all of my expriences while I earned in my internship period. I’ve learned a lot of thing about material science, characterization and I improved my foreign language with always speaking english with my foreign internship friend,Miranda. She is hindu and she knows english very well. We always spoke english between us and in the lab. Profesor and Selim Sir told everything in English. So I could improved my English. Approaching to end of my internship I was upset a little due to it will finish. I bought a hat as souvenir which is written “ITU” on it. Last day, I farewelled with all of my intern-mates, Profesor and Selim Sir. I will miss there a lot. I want to do M.Sc. at there. I hope, I could do. I’m working hard to would be admitted by ITU.

I add some photos from my internship period. Have a nice day, follow me :)

ATARC
I.T.U. Social Facilities and Food Shops

 Perfect landscape from my room.


I was single in this huge room for a month. I was so lucky :)

4 yorum:

  1. Dear Okan,
    It was very nice to hear your flattering words, thank you so much. I'm glad that your stay at ATARC as an intern, helped your educational journey in scientific world. I would like to see you again -perhaps, as a grad student this time, at our center working for your M.Sc. degree...
    Best wishes,
    Prof.Dr. Cuneyt Arslan

    YanıtlaSil
    Yanıtlar
    1. I'm so lucky to meet you,Profesor. This intern was very nice and I've learnt very important things during my intern. I would like to join you in M.Sc. degree in ATARC. I'm working on this way very hard.
      Best regards,
      Okan Gencoglu

      Sil
  2. Dear Okan,
    Everything seems good and I think you are getting expert on your way. You have to try to write more in English and I wonder that you will share your experiences with the people from other countries. Maybe you may start to write your previous and next articles in English. It is gonna be better for your English level. Because, you may learn the specific technical words in this way.
    Hope to see your new articles soon.

    C ya!

    YanıtlaSil
  3. Son, we are proud of you.

    Gencoglu Family / Samsun

    YanıtlaSil